The Barracks and other things


I have been asked several times what my Barracks Room is like. Well, it is a room on the top floor of the building. We jokingly refer to it as my "Penthouse Suite," with a view of the parking lot to die for! The room is about the size of a nice sized hotel room. It is appointed with a full sized bed, large refrigerator, table, a love seat, a pre-computer desk, and the ever important recliner. I think I have slept more in that recliner than have in my bed! It must have an ether dispenser built into it. When I sit in it, I am usually asleep within 5 minutes. The walls are made of concrete, so I do not often hear my neighbors. All things considered, it is not a bad place to live, but I do miss living in a house. Pictures of the room can be found here. By the way, the picture at the start of my post, is NOT the view from my room. It is the view from a room on the OTHER side of the Barracks. I am so jealous!!!

This year, the Band did three separate Christmas concerts. The concerts here have a unique tradition. After the intermission, the Marines put on a holiday themed skit. This year's skit did not contain your traditional holiday fare. It was almost like a variety show with some military humor thrown in. A member of the crowd uploaded a video of it, in 2 parts, to Youtube. If you like, you can watch it at the following links, Part 1 and Part 2 I am sure you will get a chuckle out of it.

Over Christmas Leave, I had the opportunity to eat an awesome local restaurant. It is a tiny Italian themed bistro type place called Tremonto's. It is on the second floor of a building at the end of a narrow spiral staircase. To get there, you have to drive up a windy, mildly narrow road. The food was awesome and the people were very friendly. I had small pizza that had an interesting mix of toppings. It had tomato sauce, cheese, salami, bacon, and onions. Believe it or not, the mix of toppings was very good. I have been back to Tremonto's a couple of times now, and the food has always been very good.

Well, I have rambled on long enough. I went to another castle here recently. I will talk about it in my next post. I have also updated my map with some new markers. Check it out here. Talk to you all later.

Mark

Comments

  1. Happy New Year to you too, Mark! I enjoyed reading your posts and glad to hear how much you are enjoying yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fixing an Over Heating Android TV Box

Setting up Plex to work with a Panasonic Viera HDTV and Kodi Comparisons

Kodi and the Disappearing Text - Tweaking Kodi to display English and non-Latin characters together